Looking for DIY waxing methods? Khojdeal’s article on how to do waxing at home without pain will guide you through 3 effective and painless waxing techniques to remove hair.
Among the beauty and hair removal treatments that can be done at home there is also DIY waxing. When the beautician is not there or you don’t have time to dedicate yourself to a complete treatment in a beauty center, you can eliminate unwanted hair at home with waxing. All you need to do is follow some easy directions to avoid irritation and sunburn.
Among the most effective methods to do at home are hot waxing, cold waxing and Arab waxing. However, not all waxes can be used anywhere. Each area of the body needs different attention. Groin and armpits, for example, are much more delicate than legs and arms, and therefore will need a softer type of wax.
Compared to razor epilation, waxing has several advantages.
- The hair is uprooted at the root; therefore, the skin appears smoother and smoother, and the result lasts from 2 to 4 weeks.
- In addition, when shaving with the razor blade and making the wrong movements, there is a risk of annoying folliculitis appearing on the skin. With waxing, this risk is lower and even when it appears, in most cases the irritation disappears in short time using a calendula soothing cream.
Prepping to Wax at Home
Before you learn how to do waxing at home without pain, we recommend you prep your skin one day in advance for the process. The tips below will help you get the perfect results post DIY wax:
- One of the most important things you can do to prepare for a smooth, flawless wax is to make sure your skin is exfoliated beforehand. This will help to remove any dead skin cells that could potentially get caught in the wax and cause pain or irritation. You can use a soft salt scrub or sugar scrub, or even just a warm washcloth, to gently slough off any dry or flaky patches.
- Once you’ve exfoliated, be sure to hydrate your skin with a light lotion or oil-free moisturizer. This will help to prevent any redness or irritation after waxing.
- Finally, avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours before waxing, as this can make your skin more sensitive.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be on your way to enjoying a smooth, hassle-free experience at home.
How To Do Waxing At Home Without Pain – DIY Methods
The different types of waxing have in common the method of application. Whether it is hot, cold or Arab wax, it will be applied on the skin following the direction of the hair, and then removed with a quick and decisive pull against the direction of hair growth.
The advice before making any type of wax is to prepare the skin, so that hair removal is less painful. A few days before waxing, exfoliate the skin with a gentle scrub, so as to make the skin smooth and eliminate dead cells. The advice is to take a hot shower just before waxing, so that pores & hair dilate and are softer. If you decide to follow this advice, however, you must be careful to dry your skin perfectly before proceeding with waxing, to avoid irritation.
To make sure that the wax adheres perfectly to the hair and not to the skin, apply a very light veil of talc on the surface you are going to depilate, so that only the hair is torn and painful burns are avoided.
DIY hot waxing
It is one of the best-known methods but it requires more time and skill. Also, if you’re learning how to do waxing at home without pain this method is definitely the most painful of all the ones mentioned in the blog. Unlike cold waxing, for hot waxing you will need different tools to perform hair removal. In fact, you will need a wax heater that allows you to dissolve the wax and maintain the right temperature during hair removal, depilatory strips and a spatula to spread the wax.
Once the wax is sufficiently fluid you will have to spread it on the skin with the help of the spatula, creating strips of about 5 millimeters thick. Proceed immediately by applying the wax-stripping strip making it adhere to the wax, and then tearing it with a decisive movement.
Once the hair removal is finished, massage the area with a gentle oil to soothe the skin, soften redness and eliminate any residual wax from the skin. It is the perfect type of waxing for depilating areas such as the legs and arms.
Cold waxing with depilatory strips
Cold waxing is the one that is performed using the depilatory strips. These are special sheets on which the right dose of depilatory wax has already been applied. They will adhere to the skin after being slightly warmed it in your hands.
One of the advantages of this type of wax is certainly its practicality, because the depilatory strips are already ready to be used, and therefore it is one of the fastest methods. The cold waxing is also indicated for the most sensitive skin and although it can be used all over the body, it is perfect for the delicate areas of the groin and armpits.
Cold waxing is also available in smaller sizes, perfect, for example, for the lip contour area to eliminate the mustache. In this case, being the most delicate area, proceed only if you have a good manual ability and the skin is not too sensitive, because redness and unsightly bubbles of irritation could occur that would last several days .
Arab waxing – The recipe to prepare it at home
If you’re looking to learn how to do waxing at home without pain, we recommend this method. In recent years, another type of wax has become popular – Arab waxing. It is one of the least painful methods, so, it can also be used in sensitive areas such as groin, armpits and mustache and also for the most sensitive skin or with capillary problems.
You can make it directly in your home with natural ingredients that are easily found in the pantry. It is an oriental technique, and the wax is created with sugar, water, honey and lemon. After waxing, not only will you no longer have unwanted hair, but your skin will also be very soft. Another advantage of this type of wax is that depilatory strips are not used, but the wax is worked exclusively with the hands.
Wondering how you can make the wax? Don’t worry we have you covered! Below is the recipe to make Arab wax at home so you too can know how to do waxing at home without pain:
- A glass of sugar
- A glass of water
- Half a lemon juice
- Two teaspoons of honey
Start by dissolving a glass of sugar, a glass of water and the juice of half a lemon in a saucepan. When you have created a golden and elastic caramel, add two teaspoons of honey and continue to mix on low heat, until you create a perfectly homogeneous and soft mixture.
Let the mixture cool. The waxing must in fact reach a temperature of about 35-degrees in order to be used. Once you have obtained a soft and homogeneous mixture, you can take it directly with your fingers and create a strip on the skin. Waiting for a few seconds and tear the strip vigorously.
Taking Care of Your Skin Afterwards
Now that you have learned how to do waxing at home without pain and bravely overcome the scary part of the process, we recommend looking after your skin properly, so it is not just smooth but also soft and plump! The steps below will help you with the same:
- Wax kits often come with after-care moisturizers or tissues. We recommend using only those and not a product that isn’t company-approved. The latter may create a response or infection due to exposed pores.
- For the first day or so, wear loose-fitting clothing to allow your skin to breathe until the area feels less sensitive.
- In the 24 hours after, avoid hot showers and baths, as your skin will be more prone to irritation and infection.
- Following the first 24 hours, exfoliate and moisturize again! To maintain your wax and prevent pesky in-grown hairs, moisturize every day.
Things to Keep in Mind
If you’re waxing yourself at home, there are a few things you can do to help make the process go smoothly and avoid discomfort. First, apply a cold compress to the area you’ll be waxing beforehand to numb it. You can also use a calming product like rose water toner to help lessen any pain. Additionally, after you wax, don’t go back to shaving! This will disrupt the growth cycle and make it more difficult to remove hair in the future. With consistent waxing, the hair will grow in a controlled manner, making it much easier to remove and significantly less painful. So ditch the razor and get the smooth, soft skin you’ve always wanted!
It is essential to recognize that even though we are discussing how to do waxing at home without pain, the procedure will cause some amount of pain. Some methods may hurt less than others, however some pain will still exist. If you’d rather choose an absolutely pain-free method read the next section thoroughly.
Alternate Pain-Free Hair Removal Methods
There are plenty of ways to remove hair other than waxing. You can try sugaring, threading, epilating, shaving, or even lasers. Each method has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to choose the one that’s right for you:
- Sugaring is a popular alternative to waxing. It’s less painful and can be done at home.
- Threading is a popular method in many parts of the world. It’s very precise and can be used on small areas like the eyebrows.
- Epilating is similar to waxing, but it can be done at home with an epilator. This method is less painful than waxing and can be done in small areas.
- Shaving is the most common method of hair removal. It’s quick and easy, but it doesn’t last as long as other methods.
- Lasers are a more permanent solution, but they can be expensive. If you’re looking for a long-term solution, lasers may be the best option for you.
These are just a few alternative methods for hair removal. Talk to your dermatologist or esthetician to find out which method is right for you.
How to Do Waxing at Home Without Pain – FAQs
Is DIY waxing painful?
If you’re considering trying DIY waxing at home, you might be wondering how painful it is. The truth is that there is some pain involved, but it’s not as bad as you might think. The key is to take your time and be careful when removing the wax. If you go too fast or are too rough, you could end up with some serious pain. But if you take your time and are gentle, you should be just fine. To know how to do waxing at home without pain read the blog above!
Which wax causes least pain?
The arab waxing kind is the least painful of most waxing types. This method also helps pull out tiny hair which therefore reduces in-grown hair! To know more about the benefits and how to do this style of waxing, we recommend you scroll up and read the section of DIY waxing at home on the blog.
How to Do Waxing at Home Without Pain – Conclusion
With DIY waxing – hot, cold with depilatory strips or with Arab waxing, removing unwanted hair can be simple and practical if you use the right techniques. Now that you know all these techniques, how to make your own wax, choose the right tools, and prepare your skin for a pain-free experience, we are sure you will have an excellent low-pain waxing experience. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way to smooth, hair-free skin in no time!
- DIY Face Mask At Home – Get A Glowing Skin In A Few Steps
- How To Do A Foot Spa At Home In 6 Simple And Easy Steps
- How To Do A Manicure At Home In 9 Easy Steps
- How To Do Facial At Home In 6 Simple and Easy Steps
- How To Cut Your Own Hair At Home
Loved our blog on How To Do Waxing At Home Without Pain? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.